Healthy Lifestyle Partners actively engage with their communities to support and motivate Barking and Dagenham residents to enjoy healthier lives by raising awareness of health and healthy choices.
What does a Healthy Lifestyle Partner do?
- Disseminate key Public Health messages
- Help to remove barriers and create supportive networks and environments
- Provide support, advice and coaching
- Act as a gateway to increased well-being and access to an even greater range of healthy lifestyle services
- Co-produce health improvement service
- Lead on walking programmes.
What does a Healthy Lifestyle Partner gain?
- Free accredited training, including Level 2 Understanding Health Improvement.
- Building capacity and strengthen community links.
- Knowing that you have made a real difference to your community by improving their health and wellbeing.
How can we work together?
Our Healthy Lifestyle Partners already include Barking Football Club, Al Noor Mosque, Al Madina Mosque, Cornerstone Fountain Church and Barking Cricket Club.
No experience is required, just enthusiasm and the commitment to improve health and wellbeing in the community.
For more information on how your community group can get involved and become an accredited Healthy Lifestyle Partner please email Taslima.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8227 3910.