Drugs and alcohol

Children and young people

Subwize – Barking and Dagenham

Self-referrals or professional referrals welcome.

Subwize is a vibrant, community-facing young people’s drug and alcohol service delivered by WDP in partnership with Mentor UK.

It is available to young people under the age of 21 (and transitional age group of 21-24) who live in Barking and Dagenham or attend schools and colleges in the borough, as well as their families and carers.

We work with young people in the community, at a location most accessible to them, such as schools, youth clubs and other local venues.

Services available include:

  • Assessment
  • Keyworking
  • Trauma counselling
  • Motivational and engagement work
  • Group work
  • Drug and alcohol education and awareness
  • Support and information for families and carers


Tel: 0300 303 4613


Secure email:


We always welcome new service users, so please get in touch if you are interested in getting help or you’d just like to ask some questions.

The service is free, friendly and confidential.



If you are currently having difficulties with drugs and alcohol you can get support by calling:

Red Lion (Barking residents) on 020 8507 8668  St Luke’s (Dagenham residents) on 020 8595 1375