Community Health Champions
Community Health Champions are volunteers who want to give back to their communities, by supporting and motivating residents to make the healthiest choice the easiest choice.
What Community Health Champions do
• undertake free health and lifestyle assessments
• provide coaching and basic health education in community settings
• help people to access a range of services to increase their health and wellbeing, for example:
– weight management
– physical activity
– stop smoking services
• lead on walking programmes
• support you to achieve your health goals
Training for volunteers
Volunteers receive accredited training and development as part of the
Making Every Contact Count framework, level 1, 2 or 3.
They also get a range of in-house and external training:
• as walk leaders
• as stop smoking specialists
• supporting the delivery of training.
Volunteers are also supported and mentored by a healthy lifestyle professional.
Locations of Community Health Champions
Community Health Champions are based in the local community including:
• GP surgeries
• community centres
• children centres
• football clubs
• local events
• faith communities
Become a Community Health Champion
You can become a Community Health Champion if you’re:
• a resident of Barking and Dagenham
• passionate about health and wellbeing
• have a minimum of 2.5 hours per week that you can commit to giving back
We are currently recruiting Community Health Champions, just fill out the application form below, and email it to email@example.com.
Or, for more information use the contact us form and select ‘Community Health Champions’ from the drop down.Community Health Champions application form